Privacy Statement and Comment Guidelines
1. Personal Data
Personal information can be any information with which it is possible to identify an individual person, not limited to but including address, name, telephone number or e-mail address.
Information that does not allow to identify a person is not considered personal data.
2. Purpose of Data Processing
We process your personal data for the following aims, such as:
- Fulfillment of orders in our online shop
- Sending email notifications
- Provision of services via contact forms
- Run personal and anonymous analyses
- Statistical analyses to prevent abuse
3. Data Collection and Data Processing
It is possible for you to utilize most of this website without providing personal data. However, if for example, you subscribe to new posts, use the contact form to reach us, or purchase an item in our store, we will request your name, e-mail address, postal address, among others. We may ask for further personal data depending on the service requested by you.
It is your choice whether to provide this data to us or not. However, without this data we may be unable to fulfill your service request or do so only partially.
4. Article Notification
When you subscribe to be notified for new posts you will receive notifications of new articles on our website. We will send you a confirmation email to the address provided by you containing a link. By clicking this link you confirm that this request was made by you. Only after this verification you will receive our email notifications (double opt-in).
Data collected in connection with this functionality will be provided to third parties only if it is technically necessary to send the email notifications.
In case you do not wish to receive emails any longer, you can unsubscribe at any moment. To do so, please visit our website and enter your e-mail address and click on the “unsubscribe” button. Thereafter, we will stop sending you emails. Alternatively, you can write us an email or use the contact form.
5. Billing information
We never collect payment details, such as your bank account data, credit card number, or other details pertaining to your credit card. Payment data will be obtained and processed by our online partner Paypal.
Cookies are small text files employed to discover the frequency of use and the number of users to our website. Additionally, cookies enable features to make the usage of our website more convenient for you.
Without cookies you can also use our website. Most web browsers are configured to accept cookies automatically. In case you do not wish to let our website set cookies on your device, then you can deactivate this function in the settings of your browser just for our website or in general for all websites.
7. Web Tracking
8. Disclosure of Your Information
We do not disclose your personally data to third parties. The only exception are the cases presented in this privacy statement. However, by law we are obliged to provide your personal data to law enforcement agencies, for instance, when there is suspicion of a crime or misuse of our website.
9. Links to Third-Party Websites
Our website features hyperlinks to websites of other providers. When you follow one of these links, you will be redirected to the third-party website.
We are not responsible how these external providers handle your information because we have no control about their processes. Please consult the privacy statement ot the respective providers for information.
10. Information About Your Data
If you request, we will provide you with information about whether and what type of your data we have saved or stored about you. In case our stored data is incorrect or outdated despite our efforts, we will correct this if you wish so. If you would like to have any of your data stored by us deleted, we will do so at your request in the context of the statutory provisions. If it is not possible to delete this data due to legal reasons, we will block or deactivate the data instead.
11. Data Protection Officer
In case of questions about this privacy statement please contact our data protection officer:
Jiva Institute of Vaishnava Studies
380 Sheetal Chaya
Raman Reti, Vrindavan
UP 281121, India
12. Comment Guidelines
To avoid unpleasant exchanges and disrespectful comments on this website, we have set up guidelines for posting comments:
- Offering advice: Pointing out deficiencies in the writing is generally acceptable, if done respectfully and without the intent to harass. Otherwise your advice will not be posted.
- Disagreeing with the author: If you disagree with the content here, your comments will be posted, provided they are respectful, related to the article and have a depth of content. We reserve the right to delete emotional, fanatical rants, fallacious arguments, pugnacious comments, etc.
- Questions: Post questions as you like but in a respectful manner. Questions should be related to the content although it is recognized that this may not always be possible.
- Ad hominem attacks: Comments that are veiled, sarcastic or direct attacks on specific individuals will not be posted.
Last update: February 2020